Celebrate Canada's 150th Anniversary in Vancouver!
Posted: Jun 29 2017
Expect Canada Day celebrations to be bigger and better, this year, to celebrate Canada's big 1-5-0. From special promotions to festivities and parades, Vancouver will be buzzing with activities for everyone. Read on to find out where to go!
Canada Day takes place on Saturday July 1st, with celebrations centralized around Canada Place (999 Canada Pl) throughout the whole holiday weekend. Here, you'll be able to watch the Canada Day Parade, experience live music/entertainment, shop vendors/food carts, and also view the evening fireworks show. There will also be many free Canada-themed activities for you to enjoy.
Canada Day at Canada Place (Saturday, July 1 to Sunday, July 2)
Location: Canada Place (999 Canada Pl), Jack Poole Plaza, and surrounding city streets
- 5 performance stages with live music performances
- Coast Capital Youth Zone with free activities
- Canadian Forces Zone with displays and interactive exhibits
- Canada150 Zone
- North Point Lounge serving beer and wine
- (July 1 Only) Kids Zone at Harbour Green Park.
- (July 2 Only) Pancake Breakfast from 8:30 - 10:00 am
Canada Day Fireworks Show (Saturday, July 1 at 10:30pm)
Location: fireworks barges located in Coal Harbour, and Dundarave in West Vancouver
Details: A fireworks extravaganza will take place from 10:30-10:50 pm on 2 offshore barges simultaneously. The best viewing areas are:
- Canada Place Viewing Zone (999 Canada Place) - Tickets $15 in advance. First come first serve. Doors open at 8:30pm. (Purchase tickets HERE
- Harbour Green Park
- Coal Harbour
- Stanley Park (9 o'clock gun)
- Crab Park
- West Vancouver Seawall (between Ambleside and Dundarave)
Canada150 Parade (Sunday, July 2 at 5:00pm)
Location: Starts at corner of Georgia & Broughton Streets, runs eastbound along Georgia Street, proceeds north on Burrard Street, and ends at West Pender.
Details: Presented by Port of Vancouver, the parade features 60 dynamic entries, celebrating diversity, multiculturalism, and national pride.
Canada Day Block Party at the Waldorf (Saturday, July 1 at 8:20pm)
Location: Waldorf Hotel (1489 E Hastings Street)
Details: Tiki-themed party. Experience performances at the outdoor stage and visit the beer garden & barbecue. Inside, The Tiki Room, Cabaret, and Hideaway bars will be open late into the night.
Canada Day at Granville Island (Saturday, July 1 at 10:00am)
Location: Granville Island
- Outdoor festivities at Ron Basford Park (1218 Cartwright Street) with free Canada Day Cake from 2:00-2:30pm.
- Free paddling demonstrations at the public docks in Alder Bay between 11:00am-3:00pm, while you enjoy freshly boiled lobster.
Ultimate Canada Day and Night Boat Party (Saturday July 1)
Location: Plaza of Nations (750 Pacific Boulevard)
- Choose between a day Day Boat (12:00-5:00pm) or Night Boat (7:00pm-12:00am)
- 24 DJs and a massive party with 1000 guests
- Purchase tickets HERE