Spring 2017 Trends Pt. 2
Posted: Apr 11 2017
Spring is officially here and with it are brand new and emerging trends. The landscape of menswear is constantly shifting and 2017 is no different. We've narrowed it down and listed what we believe to be key menswear trends which are gaining major momentum this year. Here is part two of the series.
Rip & Wear
Following a trend which was revitalized after Kanye West’s Yeezy line, heavily distressed apparel is experiencing yet another massive swing in popularity. This trend is no longer limited to just jeans. Distressed t-shirts, hoodies, and sweaters are often incorporated into grungy outfits, resembling a real 90’s rock and roll vibe.
- Stick to tastefully distressed garments instead of ones that seem to have just been attacked with scissors
- Try using a distressed sweater underneath a statement jacket such as a bomber or leather jacket for a grungy look
- Stick to oversized and boxy silhouettes for that distinct on-trend look
Stick To One Colour
This is a trend which seems to be coming back season after season. There is nothing more sleek than wearing an outfit which looks effortlessly put together from top to bottom. Great monochromatic colours to sport this year include beige/brown, white, or black.
- Add some texture to your outfits by utilizing different materials (e.g mix your cotton t-shirt with a knit sweater and a leather jacket)
- Maintain the same colour for your tops and bottoms, but create some contrast with your sneakers
- Monochromatic means that you should utilize the same colour, but make use of different shades to break the outfit up
Sporty & Comfortable
Although this trend has been lingering around for the last couple of years, athletic wear is still a heavy influence in menswear. From global fashion show attendees to your favourite Instagram influencers, technical jerseys, slim sweatpants, and runners are still prevalent as ever in the fashion industry.
- Wear moisture wicking sweatpants and jerseys to deal with the warmer temperatures this spring
- These types of outfits can seamlessly transition into the gym, so keep a shoulder or duffel bag handy
- Make use of a lightweight waterproof jacket which you can easily tuck away when you're on the go